Wednesday, November 5, 2014

3 Ways to Cultivate Vision

Everyday when I wake up, and get ready for the day all I usually think about is my day.

It's a challenge to keep my eyes on the horizon when my day to day is so involved with the things I need to do.

But I need to keep my eyes looking beyond the day to day or I start to forget what's important.  

I've used a few easy methods to keep my thoughts and concerns extended beyond my little world and on the bigger picture of what God is ultimately working toward in everyone's life, all around the world.

1). Read about Jesus' life.

I love to read the stories in the Bible about Jesus and the places he traveled.  The way he interacted with people and the vision he constantly pointed everyone's eyes toward are great ways to remember what's important. 

2). Take a trip to a place you won't enjoy.

In 2008 I traveled to Cambodia and visited a small museum dedicated to helping people remember the events of the Pol Pot Regime related to the mass genocide that took place.  It tore me up inside to think about what millions went through during that terrible time.  But, it helped me feel the need for Jesus to return and redeem this world back to what it originally was.

3). Learn about unreached people groups.

There aren't numbers that tug on my heart more than those relating to unreached people groups.  I frequently retun to websites I've been looking at for years relating to the 10/40 window and all the people that don't know how to access to the gospel.  Did you know that 2.91 billion people are considered unreached?  The discomfort I feel over that is just what I need sometimes to keep in mind that what I do to help build God's kingdom today matters.  Check out Joshuaproject.com or gainusa.org for vision ammo.

What do you do to maintain a global vision?

No comments:

Post a Comment